Hi Ho! Its off to life we go! I was hoping our schedules would slow down once summer ended however, I was wrong. I hear its only going to get worse as the boys get older!
One thing is for certain...our summer was busy! We spent many weekends out of town and the week days were filled with fun summer happenings! I wish I'd taken a few minutes to jot down the fun things the boys were up to, but lets just say, I was living in the moment.
Our summer began after a Memorial Day Weekend trip to the lake. My 32nd Birthday weekend! The sun was shining and I was able to relax, tan, and enjoy a few icy cold beverages. When we returned home, we added a member to our family! That's right...at 32, after years and years and years of asking for a dog, I got one. Well, the family got one. (Errr...really, I got one.) We named him "Rudy" (as in Rudy Flyer). And he's been a lot of work... From the piddle to the hair to the bothering the boys and now the jumping on the island for food and still, the hair he's going to be the death of me! Mark continues to roll his eyes when I pull the vacuum out, but honestly, what did he expect? After nearly 4 months of being a pet-owner, I realize why I never had one growing up. But, he's starting to grow on me and the boys really are quite tickled by him. Jack recently had a tummy-bug and Rudy wanted to lay his head on him (of course Jack did not)! Hopefully in another few months I'll have the perfect dog I always dreamt of!
 |
| RudyFlyer! |
Jack grew up so much over the summer! At his 5 year check up, he's weighing in at 47 lbs (I think) and is 4'1"! Of course I'm not just talking height! He is turning into an awesome kid! He is always willing to help with Rudy and has been taking on chores, like getting the mail and making his bed! And, we finally got over the hump of wearing overnight diapers and he's almost always dry! He took swim lessons, and although it took nearly 8 weeks he started to trust Miss Lindsey that should wouldn't let go of the kick board and to put his head in the water to fetch rings. He also learned to do the monkey bars at the park and ride a 2-wheeled bike! He spends his weekend mornings coloring, drawing, and practicing his letters instead of watching hours of Disney. He has started reading books by himself with his Tag Reader and will (thankfully) look at his "Dragon" book while a
single parent puts Roman to bed at night. We went to his first movie at the theatre this summer and tried to encourage him to go down the slide at the pool and ride in the tub on the boat, but he's still a little timid.
 |
| Ready for the Big Wheel Race! |
Roman also grew up over the summer! I don't know his stats - he seems taller, but he's still a peanut! Memorial weekend marked another momentous occasion in our house as his last "bubbies" broke! He tried a few times to suck on a pacifier with no nipple but for some reason it failed. He transitioned beautifully! He still cries for 'monkey' and 'blankie' when he's upset and monkey still has a spot in my purse wherever we go! He too took swim lessons and is fearless! He'll happily jump off the side whether you're ready or not, loves the slide, and will lie on the floor or bathtub and practice "kick, kick, kick"! He learned to ride Jack's scooter (even though he has his own), peddle is tricycle and big wheel, and is even using the potty on occasion! He has a mind of his own and tends to do what he wants. We still struggle with eating, and most nights his dinner sits uneaten on his plate until its bath time when he decides to eat. He wants to do whatever Jack is doing and be wherever Jack is. And he typically wants which ever parent isn't available, but is quite the Daddy's boy! He is quite the stinker but when he looks at you just so, and smiles you can't stay mad!!! We've hit a bit of a rough patch when it comes to someone (mom, dad, grandparent's) leaving the house or dropping him off at daycare - but he still comes running when we get home!!! His words are increasing, his giggle contagious, and he calls every motor-vehicle a tractor!
 |
| Stinker with a smile! |
 |
| The patio is done! (Take a break from our dance party!) |
 |
| Cheese Please! |
 |
| We may not ride it if its being pulled by the boat...but if Papa is pulling us...WEEEEEE!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment