Sunday, January 27, 2013

Epic...

Disaster or success...still TBD.  Me and creativity, don't get along very well.  Not to mention craftiness.  But, one of the girls from work showed me a picture of a wreath she made, inspired from a wreath she saw on Etsy.  I too was inspired!  Sometimes, I really want to be a crafty, creative person.  I like to use the excuse that I have to kids and work full time.  Well, I popped on Etsy for a little Valentine's Day wreath inspiration.  "Sure, I can do this!"  I thought!  (And shouldn't it be cheaper if I make it myself instead of find a wreath at Target?)

Well, on Friday, I made the trip to Michael's in search of my supplies.  Inspired, I walked up and down the isles.  "What in the world am I doing in this store?" Was the question I silently asked myself.  Where is there someone to ask me if I'm finding what I'm looking for.  Although, I don't know what I'm looking for.  What am I supposed to say?  I want to make a Valentine's Day wreath but I have no clue what I'm doing.  Super!

Finally I found the supplies I'd use to make my wreath.  And upon check out, I realized, I probably could've found something at Target for a similar cost.  "This is going to be an experience," I thought to myself as I climbed in my car.


Well, there it is!  I need to take a wreath making class, that is for sure!  Especially, a ribbon tying class!  The "knot" was the best I could come up with.  I would've panned to a larger view of the door, but I really need to repaint it since birds like to make their home in my fall wreath!  The success/failure is will be determined to see if this holds up for the next month.  I must say, I'm pleased with my creation!  I can't wait to make my summer door decor!  Or, maybe I'll just hire the girl from work ;-)!

But, for now, it was epic!  Epic, in the look I received from Mark when I asked for wire cutters!  Not to mention the comment he made about making sure everything was put back exactly where I found it at his tool bench!  (Funny...I feel the same way about the rest of the house!)  Epic in the amount of time it took me to figure out how I was going to attach the flower.  Even more epic in the amount of time it took me to finagle   the burlap ribbon!  And definitely, an epic experience!  

No comments:

Post a Comment