Monday, September 12, 2011

Reminiscing on the Ridiculousness

My oh my, how times change! I thought it'd be fun to go back to this post http://brunsy.blogspot.com/2009/05/ridiculousness.html, written at 30 weeks pregnant with Jack. Well, I'm not quite 30 weeks pregnant with Roman (29 and some odd days, if you're curious), and well, the ridiculousness of my mind then, is not contaminating my mind now!

Lets revisit the "then": no diapers, no car seat, no area rug, unwashed floor, unpacked bags, glider in pieces, laundry in the dryer = OVER-REACTION FREAK OUT!

And, the "now": Some things are a given that we have...like a carseat! And diapers! Perhaps I should get some NB size, but, we'll steal as many as we can from the hospital and then just buy them as needed. Everyone knows that these Bruns baby's don't come out under 6lbs! As for the area rug, it needs to be spot cleaned thanks to the occasional spit up from Jack. The floor, well, its mostly covered by a rug, so why wash it? (I've become somewhat sensible over the past 2 years!) There are no bags packed, and I have a hunch it'll be November before anything gets organized in that regard! I have determined that another glider should be purchased. It was up for debate - whether or not Jack needs one in his big boy room as well, but he's such a snuggler and since moving into his new room, we've only not rocked, once! He even requests "rock" when he has a bad dream at 2am! How can I say no to a tear streaked face and snot dripping nose, reaching his arms up for his Momma asking to rock? And as for laundry...obviously there's a load in the dryer =)! There usually is!

I did however, spend a few moments nesting this past weekend. While Jack was napping, and Mark was at football, I opted to put off cleaning bathrooms a tad longer and get the crib ready.

Yep, its the same bedding as Jack's! #2's must love hand-me-downs =)! But, I don't think I could've put off doing the crib too much longer, as this belly is growing! Thankfully I'm tall enough that I just needed to lift the belly up a little in order to lean over the railing to tie those strings =)! I'm sure it would've been a sight to see!

The closet and dresser drawers are organized and I'm about to make my next Target list! (I think we should buy stock in Target!) Which, will probably not only include size 5 diapers, but a few essentials that we'll need come November/December! Mom even got a coupon for formula. Oh, how I am so NOT ready to buy formula again!

As for the other things on my mind...when will this basement be finished? We have 7 weeks until the deadline! An electrician was out a couple weeks ago! (Thanks Nana K for sitting at the house while they worked!) And Mark just made trip number 1478 to the hardware store for supplies...this time, insulation! Hopefully dry wall will go up this weekend and instead of having mom be my cleaning lady when she comes down next week, I can tease her about her Capital University tshirt and she can be my painting lady! (Although, the fact that she can still fit into an old college t is pretty darn impressive!) I'm also wondering if its too soon to start Christmas shopping? (For those of you I need lists from...be prepared for my questions! I'll try to hold off until October!) It seems reasonable right? Or, maybe I am still a tad ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment