Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Funner

Summer has always been one of my favorite seasons (you'll catch me saying this about all of them...since they all have their perks)! As you know, I'm always up for catching some rays and that's also my way of catching a few zzzz's or enjoying a summer read while some little person is safely contained in his crib, hopefully snoozing as well! And, in the Bruns Household, summer means spending LOTS of time outside! The only way to keep Jack inside is by keeping his pajamas on or turning on a movie! Playing with trucks and blocks just isn't as much fun when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping! So, we have been spending A LOT of time chasing balls down the driveway, chasing a toddler down the driveway, blowing bubbles, drawing with chalk, taking walks, swinging as high as we can, mowing, running through the sprinkler, getting sand in places sand doesn't belong, and eating ice cream!




Helping Dad "bow"!




I hope Mom doesn't want any of this!


Climbing at the Zoo!

Monkeying around...at the Zoo!



Elizabeth, JB, and Ben also made their annual trip home! Unfortunately Elizabeth had a blonde moment when booking their flights because they came home the same weekend Mark was leaving for a 10 day fishing expedition in Canada! The big boys did played their usual rounds of golf while us ladies tended to the babes! Mom skirted us out the door one afternoon to enjoy some sisterly bonding...shopping! The boys seemed to enjoy each other's company - when they were actually awake together (Ben's 2 naps and Jack's 1 nap never overlapped), and there were only a few squabbles over sharing toys!

The boys and their matching jammies!



Ben! ("Sweeping" with a putter!)


Aunt Erin & Ben!




Aunt Elizabeth & Jack!

And Jack stayed in Columbus for a few extra days with "(G)Mamaw" and "Pop"! (I didn't want to play single mom while Mark was away!) They apparently lasted 5 minutes at Story Time at the Library, made a trip to the zoo, and daily trips to the neighborhood park! I know Gramma was exhausted...especially when she had both boys! And, I know Jack had lots of fun because he keeps asking about Pop (I wonder what bad behaviors he taught him ;-)!) and he was looking for "Mamaw" today! (Don't worry folks, I intend to make sure we get it to become Grandma or Gramma...we're not in Greenfield ;-)!) And, he even recognizes them in pictures now!

I am truly amazed, every day, how much he is learning and growing! Like I said...after a few days in Columbus he was referring to Mom and Dad by a proper Grandparent name! (So much for Lolly and Poppy ;-)!) And he came home saying more words...Mickey and Buzz! And I know his Gramma didn't let him watch nearly as much TV as we do! He's even learned some shapes and a color! Blue! Go figure! Could this child be anymore BOY??? The past couple of nights, our stories before bedtime were less stories, more pointing things out and telling ME what they are (along with any noises they may make)!

We're also trying to help him understand that he's going to be a big brother! Sometimes he points to my belly when we ask where the baby is, sometimes he points to Mark (yeah...that's momma's biggest baby of all), and most of the time, he points to himself! I just laugh and tell him he'll always be my baby! Yes, I am going to be that Mom that goes over to his house, climbs a ladder and crawls to his bed and rocks him back and forth, back and forth, and as I rock him, I'll say, "I'll love you for ever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be"! However, in the mean time, I'm referring to him as my "Big One"! Hopefully, he picks up on it and doesn't feel as though his baby status is being replaced!


And, the Mark in him (stinker) is starting to develop! I don't know how many times a day I need a bucket for his lip or am able to stop a fake tantrum with some tickles! He also says "EWE" whenever we change his diaper or take off his shoes! We've started using time out, which he occasionally needs twice before his actions stop and counting to 3, which, has only worked once, but he knows on 3, the game is over! I'm just hoping the Terrible Two's made their appearance early and we won't have too many battles! Wishful thinking, I'm sure =)













































































































No comments:

Post a Comment