Friday, July 22, 2011

Boys...

I'm pretty sure, I wasn't prepared to live in a house where boys have taken over! Dad didn't do much to mold me into any sort of "tom boy", and I'm certainly not the athletic daughter! I can't catch, with or without a mitt, don't know the first thing about holding a bat, and throw like a girl!
Balls in Cars! A boys dream!

I'm sure I requested years ago that Mom NEVER throw away my Cabbage Patch Kids! Elizabeth and I loved playing with "Karen" at Grandma's house. So, she too, has held on to Aggie, Minnie, Lester, Anita, and Annette (in their order of adoption), along with some of their most loved belongings. And I promised myself that I'd keep any Homecoming, Prom, and bridesmaid dresses for my little girls to play with!

Well, not long after discovering that #2 is yet another boy, I made a call to AmVets for a pick up. Bridemaid dresses, so long! And as for Mom, well, she's still going to hold onto my favorite Kids from the Cabbage Patch because, well, boys can play with dolls too!

I honestly, can't see myself playing tea party, or spending hours sitting on the floor stuffing Barbie's sticky plastic body into outfits that need another millimeter of material! And let me also add that I occasionally feel like barfing when I see all the matchy-matchy flowery pink and purple clothes for girls. Jeans and t's are awesome! And I've learned to make some pretty fantastic car noises! Plus, lets face it, crashing cars is pretty fun and kind of a stress reliever ;-)!
And thankfully, I still throw and catch better than Jack does!
Cars, Trucks, and Trains have taken over the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment