Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back to Work

Well, my 9 weeks of maternity leave has come to an end and I am back to work and Jack is being left with a stranger every day. Monday, as expected was a hard day. I didn't want Jack to leave and I spent much of the day staring at his picture on my desk. When the work whistle did FINALLY ring, I drove like a crazy person to pick him up! Each day has gotten easier. I still find myself ready to leave by 2:00 but thankfully I'm only working Monday-Thursday. Oh how I miss his morning smiles =)!

Mark has been taking him in the mornings which has proved to be extremely helpful. Not only am I able to crawl back in bed for a few minutes but I'm able to get ready and out the door without interruptions! I'm even able to wash a few bottles! I'm hoping to someday soon have the energy to lace up my running shoes and head out for a jog, but for now, the bed is calling my name!

Jack does seem to be doing fairly well at Eva's. I have found myself pleasantly surprised that he isn't fussy when we get home, and generally will take a little nap. Some days we go for a stroll, however the past week its been dependent upon the weather. And some nights he's asleep in my arms, with a bottle in his mouth by 9:00! However, somehow, Eva is unable to get him to eat more than 2 oz at a time. This is proving to be very bad habit, as over the weekend he did the same fuss/cry fiasco for me. He knows my rules...we take full feedings! None of this snacking nonsense! It took me 3 days to break this cycle and yesterday he started the same thing again. Sigh! Hopefully it gets figured out because we really would like to establish a schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment