Like I said...surviving!
The big boys seem to have adjusted to having little boys in the house. Roman LOVES being a big brother. He's quick to tell me a baby is crying, but he's also quick to go to the crying baby to ask which one it is and try to comfort him. (It's usually Joey crying, and he says "Joooooey, relax" in the sweetest voice!)
Jack, although seeming too cool to be excited about his little brothers, was pretty proud to have all the Kindergartner's gawk over them when Mark showed them off at school the other day. (Lunch time for Mark and Jack overlaps by a few minutes.) He'll occasionally offer to hold a bottle and we'll toss him a baby from time to time if one of us needs to get up to tend to something else.
The big boys have become a little more independent - getting snacks and drinks for themselves. And unfortunately they hear a lot of, "just a minute".
The little boys are 4 weeks old. I think I'm getting used to sleeping in 2 hour spurts, although the past few nights I've officially given up trying to get out of bed at 11 or 12 for a feeding. Thank goodness Mark stays up late and he's mastered the double hold and feed!
The boys had their 4 week check ups yesterday:
Joey: (slacked on birthday stats, 6 lbs 3 oz 19")
Weight: 8lbs 13 oz
Length: 21"
Food: Formula (and a splash of expressed milk)
Likes: Eating, Sleeping, Pooping, Stroller Walks, Swinging, Being Held
Dislikes: Baths, the pacifier (mom keeps trying), gas bubbles, not being held
| Joey "I'm Cute, Mom's Cute, Dad's Lucky" |
Weight: 9lbs 5 oz
Length: 20.5"
Food: breast milk and formula (did you see how much weight I've gained...I need lots of food)
Likes: Eating, pooping, stroller walks, the swing when Joey lets me have it, being held when Joey isn't too fussy, the pacifier helps me calm down and keeps me quiet while Momma attends to the other kids.
Dislikes: Sleeping (I'm like Dad, I don't require as much as Mom), baths, diaper changes
| Drew "Dad and I agree, Mom is the boss" |
No comments:
Post a Comment