Manners...manners I feel are important, and a please always gets one further than a demand! Roman is well, he's 3. And he's in the throws of the "trying" three's (and he's about to get thrown out of the house). A lot of things are asked for in between tears and sobs or in a whiny tone. When demands are whinily given, I ask him to ask nicely. He generally gives me a blank stare and I generally whisper "please". The other day however, I said, "ask nicely". His response, in his sweet 3 year old voice, with a smile on his face was "nicely"! I never got the please I was looking for, but nicely, well, nicely worked like a charm!
In other fun things I want to remember about this wonderful time of the 3's (since I'll obviously only remember the good moments)...This kid likes music - he got his first set of headphones, SpiderMan of course, and only wants to listen to "Frogen" (ie. Frozen). He is always shaking his booty. And, he sometimes wants to sing...aside from belting out "Let it Go" or "Snowman" he'll ask to sing "Cracker Jacks" (ie. Take Me Out to the Ballgame), and is really good at the "1, 2, 3, strikes you're out!"! And when rocking him at night, and saying his prayer, he will bless (multiple times) his favorite names, Charley, Uncle Hube, JB, Nana, Papa, Grammie, Pops, (repeated, multiple times)...and help to make me a good boy, sounds like 'ole boy, but AMEN...he's got that down!
No comments:
Post a Comment