Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The only constant...

Is change!  Its taken me a long time to learn this...and sometimes I'm in the denial stage (for a loooong time)!  But, life is full of change and we, in the Bruns household, are experiencing change in abundance these past few months!

Cavalier Orange!

I sat down to upload pictures to Shutterfly, and realized, I have 3 months worth of pictures!  Dear heavens, this is unacceptable!  What on earth could possibly be consuming all my free time?

Well, for starters, the boys aren't all that exciting anymore!  I mean, in the picture taking sense of it all!  They're not tiny baby's, changing every month.  And, we do a lot of the same things, every day!  But, on top of our typical end of summer days of gym, playing, lunch, napping, park, dinner, and baths...we finished up our October with our new normal!  After 3 months (2 more glorious than the 1st) of being a full time Mommy, I found a job.  Jack switched classrooms and is going to "school" every day!  They didn't have placement for Roman just yet, so he's going to an in-home sitter.  Both boys transitioned typically, and well!  The house is a little dirtier (maybe...no on is home to make it messy), laundry is being done less frequently, and after 3 weeks of working and our bellies adjusting to a later dinner time, we're branching out to dinners that take slightly longer than 15 minutes to prepare!

Jack is doing amazing!  I never thought I'd say that about a 4 year old!  But this daycare facility has been so wonderful for him.  I think the structure has been what we've been lacking!  He's grown up SO much over the past few months!  He's a better listener, helper, sharer, and big brother!  He's learning letters, numbers, how to write (supposedly, I have yet to get him to write his name for me), and playing with a classroom full of 4 year olds!


Roman is, well, nearly 2!  He is slowly learning more words and certainly is showing his frustration when his nonverbal's aren't being understood or when he doesn't get what he wants.  He loves his big brother more than anything in the world!  He's learned to blow bubbles in the bath tub and has found some books that he loves to read.  He also has discovered the joys of Disney - and although he doesn't sit in a daze like Jack, he will sit on my lap while I enjoy my morning coffee!  He's starting to prefer a big boy cup over a sippy during meals (which means I put in an ounce at a time)!  He every so gracefully climbs out of his crib on occasion and gives you the sweetest little grin when he makes his appearance!



I don't know if it was being home with the boys and watching their daily interactions, or if because they weren't around other children, that they learned how to play with one another.  Learned to take turns.  And share!  (Sometimes...I should say, sometimes!)  I really am amazed at how much they seem to finally love each other!  If Jack is upset, Roman will bring him a toy to make him feel better.  If Roman falls down, Jack will help him up and give him a hug.  Just today, we were in the car wash, where Romy was "fussing" and I looked in the backseat to see Jack holding Rome's hand and saying "shh, shh, it's okay Romes"!  Melt my heart!
School picture day!  (Gotta love the Vicks and drool on Rome!)


No big trees in our new yard!  But, atleast we got some giggles and crunching under our feet!


Annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch!


The Knight and The Dragon!


No comments:

Post a Comment