Saturday, November 27, 2010

I'm Thankful For...

This big Cheese

Haha! Typical! Atleast Mark looks good!


Once again November came and went with a blink of an eye! I know I say this every month but this month, I really mean it. I started full time at Liberty Commons Family Dental and the days are flying by I don't even realize I'm hungry until I'm on my way home! We have made the adjustment to our new schedule. Well, the boys seem to be doing better than I am, but, we're surviving. And Mark has been doing lots of extra Daddy duty by picking Jack up most days and I'm swinging by school to get him during basketball practice.

On top of our busy work-weeks our weekends have been pretty busy too! Lolly & Poppy came down early in the month so we could go to a wedding. We made a trip to Columbus so Mark and Dad could go to the Penn State/OSU game, and then there was the first ever "Thanksmas" (def: Thursday = Thanksgiving; Friday = Christmas). Mom and Dad arrived just after I broke the cooking bag for the turkey (thank goodness I had another) and Mom happily took over my kitchen while I corked a bottle of wine!
And Christmas was a success! Jack "oooed" over his blocks, Legos, and broom. Mom and Dad salivated over their wine, and who would've thought a new coffee maker and Home Depot gift cards would cause so much glee!
The boys and their new brooms!
So with this new work schedule, the pictures are lacking. But Jack has certainly been developing, in mostly good ways =)!


My Jack updates for October completely escaped me (I didn't make notes ;-)!) so, the unforgotten October tidbits are:

  • Acting like items are a phone. He'll hold all sorts of objects up to his ear and say "hello", but as soon as you try to have him talk on the phone, he just smiles.
  • His cars now make noises! "Vrrrroooom, errr"
  • He wants to climb the steps like a big person. No more hands and knees.
  • When we come in from outside and I say "lets wash our hands", he goes into the bathroom.
  • He also goes to his high chair when I tell him its time to eat.


As for November:

  • We are running!
  • And climbing on the couch!
  • And "jumping"!
  • And dancing!
  • Jack has recently become obsessed with Mickey Mouse Club House and he'll walk into the family room, stand between the couch and ottoman, and start dancing.
  • The not-so-fun development: Temper Tantrums
  • He's starting "throwing trash away". Since he can't get into the cabinet where the trashcan actually is, he'll open the cabinet where my baking dishes are and put his trash in a dish!
  • He is saying real words: ball, truck, bowl, shoes, uh-oh, more, & block (truck = any motor vehicle)
  • He will "roar" at his lion, Ryan
I walked into the family room one evening to find this...
I have to say, I like his organizational skills =)

No comments:

Post a Comment