
Someone does not like being in the leaves!
(Is it bad that this makes me laugh, every time?)
October has been a fairly uneventful month in our house! Mark got a little older,
football season has come to an end, and I got a new job! Yep, you read right! After 5 years of working at Financial Performance Partners, and 10 months only working 20 hours/week, it is time to move on. I accepted a position as Business Associate (aka glorified receptionist) at Liberty Commons Family Dental. It'll be an adjustment, for all 3 of us, but definitely an adjustment that is welcomed! (Especially the financial aspect of it.) In my hopes to be closer to home, I'm ending up a tad further, but as my job search proved, you gotta go where the jobs are! And, since we'll have more income, I've finally joined a gym again! How glorious! I had seriously forgotten about the endorphins that are released during exercise! Such ecstasy! And, on my first day back, I pulled a 4 mile run out of my extra jiggly a**! Who would've thought that pushing a 25lb kid in a stroller through the Federal Hills would prove to keep me in decent shape?!?!
football season has come to an end, and I got a new job! Yep, you read right! After 5 years of working at Financial Performance Partners, and 10 months only working 20 hours/week, it is time to move on. I accepted a position as Business Associate (aka glorified receptionist) at Liberty Commons Family Dental. It'll be an adjustment, for all 3 of us, but definitely an adjustment that is welcomed! (Especially the financial aspect of it.) In my hopes to be closer to home, I'm ending up a tad further, but as my job search proved, you gotta go where the jobs are! And, since we'll have more income, I've finally joined a gym again! How glorious! I had seriously forgotten about the endorphins that are released during exercise! Such ecstasy! And, on my first day back, I pulled a 4 mile run out of my extra jiggly a**! Who would've thought that pushing a 25lb kid in a stroller through the Federal Hills would prove to keep me in decent shape?!?!
Cheers!Anyway, enough about me! Like I said, the month was pretty uneventful, although we did see both sets of grandparents. We made a day trip to Columbus to have dinner with the Kuenzli Klan! Mike & Jackie were in from CA (and down from the Lake) for the OSU game, and everyone else just decided to gather at Tim & Linda's. It was great to see everyone and Maddy finally had someone her own size to play with! Of course, I was too busy drinking and chatting to take any pictures! =) Mike and Donna also came down for a quick overnight because Mary was re-married! Again, the drinking and chatting to make me incapable of taking pictures!

I like to play with the leaves! (Just not be in them ;-)!)
Jack doesn't have much news this month either! We've spent lots of time outside! (I'm trying to get him out as much as possible, before it gets dark early and becomes too chilly.) Plus, he has lots of outdoor responsibilities! Taking care of the leaves, mowing the yard, and bringing in the garbage can!







As for fun Jack tid-bits...I'm running low! He is quite the character! When I ask for a kiss, he'll come to me and lean in. Sometimes its just a cheek, nose, or forehead lean, and other times he's got his mouth wide open to kiss. LOL!
And he knows that if the socks and shoes go on, we're going outside. Sometimes, he'll grab his shoes and take them to the door when he's ready to go out. Even at 8 in the morning while we're still on our jammies and I'm still working on my 1st cup of coffee!
Jack watching Mickey Mouse Club House while I drink my coffee!And, we're transitioning to 1 nap. This is a recent transition and thankfully we haven't had anything going on that needs to be done by a certain time, as we've been playing our days by ear. Its been interesting to say the least! Some days Jack's fuse is shorter and bedtime is earlier.

A little post-breakfast read!

Getting measured!
This handwashing basin is way cooler than that cow!
No comments:
Post a Comment