Friday, May 28, 2010
The march of the ants
Meal time in the Bruns household just became a little more interesting! I just attempted to feed Jack a delicious meal of pureed peas and squash...two veggies that he enjoys. And, he refused to eat them. Now, some of you may be wondering how a 9 month old refused to do something. Well, his lips were locked and arms were flapping which makes getting a spoon to his mouth with food still on it nearly impossible. So, I decided to give up. Although, being the mom I am, knew this lunchtime wasn't over yet. So, I decided we'd try a grilled cheese. As I opened the fridge I was reminded of the left-over baked beans from last night. So, while the cheese was grilling, I started feeding him beans. YUMM-O! The grilled cheese wasn't the hit I was hoping for...I ate most of it! I thought it was super gooey cheesy delicious! And, Jack did okay with me feeding him his beans - with adult silverware might I add. But, he is showing an interest in feeding himself. He doesn't have the motion down quite yet (I bought some overpriced Gerber snacks to help him master the skill). My definition of messy is certainly being redefined! (If only we had a dog!) But, thankfully its summer! I'll let him master the art of self-feeding! Outside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment