Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What a hoot!

As I'm sitting in an office chair, staring at my computer, I decided to take a few moments and re-live the experience I'd had this past year!

  • A year ago, I was complaining about not being able to reach my toes to paint my nails.
  • A year ago, I was wondering how I was possibly going to have an even tan, since I couldn't roll onto my belly. I decided to use self-tanner. My skin thanked me! My nose cursed me!
  • A year ago, as my trips to the bathroom were increasing and lack of sleep increasing, I was hopeful, that once Jack arrived, all would be better!
  • A year ago I was longing for a glass of wine!
  • A year ago I was growing out of my maternity clothes...hoping I'd be able to finish my pregnancy wearing what was in my closet.
  • A year ago I was anxious to get back to running & spinning!
  • A year ago I was freaking out about my house being clean!

The reality of having a baby!

  • I can reach my toes! (I always could...it was a feat, but it was doeable!) But, my toes are painted! Well, they're chipping! Hopefully I'll get to them tonight! Don't even ask me how my eye brows look!!!!
  • The tan won't be an issue this summer! I'm working part-time and Jack naps! My skin will hate me! My nose will love me! Although - due to the fact that I have stretchmarks (I'm using Mederma to help them dissappear) - I'm sporting a tankini!
  • Sleep! Hah! As I've mentioned - Jack is a horrible sleeper! But, even on nights when he does sleep through the night, I still wake up - to pee!
  • Wine! Wine makes me tired. 3 glasses is 1 too many! I don't have the luxury to nurse a hangover!
  • Half of my pants still don't fit and probably never will! My hips spread! (I'm coming out of the denial phase.) Yes, I'm amazed at what this body has gone through and Mark says I'm beautiful, but I want my skinny pants to fit!
  • Hah! I've run once in 17 months! BRUTAL! The gym membership has been canceled! Shouldn't toting around a 20lber be enough?!?!
  • Clean house! Its for the birds! It stays clean for the duration of nap time!

But, my heaven's...the toys strewn about, bags-under-my-eyes, 1 glass wonder, size xxxx pants, and chipping toe nailpolish is all worth it for the smiles, giggles, love, and pure and utter enjoyment and entertainment I get from my little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment