Friday, July 10, 2009

Ready

I am SO ready to be done being pregnant! Its been a great ride, but, the tank is on "E", its time for an oil change, and I need new brakes. Literally, all true when it comes to my car - minus the gas thing...

Yes, I'm done. "Cankles" are setting in and sleeping is a crap-shoot. I'm tired, yet I can't sleep! I'm sure my body is just preparing itself for sleepless nights, but for those of you who've lived with me, know that I get very annoyed if I can't sleep! (The next 6 months will be very interesting! LOL!) Tylenol PM is on my grocery list this week!

And unbeknownst to me, I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions for weeks. Elizabeth pointed them out to be when she was home...I just thought it was the baby pushing out! Who knew? Anyway, generally they've just been an annoyance that I've been able to deal with. Until yesterday when I was completely uncomfortable all day. I thought about leaving work, except that just because I'd be at home, doesn't mean I'd be comfortable. (I've spent many evenings changing positions every 2 minutes on the couch!) And last night, or shall I say early this morning, they were painful. I kept thinking, could this really be it? Needless to say, the seemingly 20 minute long contractions weren't "it". Jack is happy stretching and practicing his touchdown dance (which also kept me awake for hours this morning), and practicing breathing (he has the hiccups right now!) in his small little space! I'll try to enjoy it for however long it lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment