
Welcome to the Bruns Family Blog. I decided I'd start a blog, because it'll be great practice for my creative writing skills (Mrs. R would be proud), sometimes work is slow ;), but mostly because all of our family and many of our friends are out of town.
Obviously "b" isn't with all of us yet, but my life has already changed, on November 16th when I saw two beautiful pink lines staring me in the face!
Today I'm 12 weeks! Hooray! I know the 1st Trimester isn't over quite yet, however, I've been more than blessed with what I would say has been an easy pregnancy so far! I thankfully haven't had any sickness and the only real symptom I've experienced has been some fatigue. Luckily, my tiredness hasn't been nearly as bad as I was expecting. There hasn't been a need to take a nap at work, although there have been a couple of times its crossed my mind! But, the fatigue is starting to subside and the trips to the bathroom are increasing. I figure it's mother-natures way of prepping me for months (or years) of interrupted sleep.
And Mark's been improving on his husband training as well! I kid! But honestly, asking him to take out the garbage no longer warrants a look of disgust and he's become Mr. Overprotective. He frequently asks if I should be eating something (especially shrimp during the holidays) and definitely asked the Dr about drinking regular coffee. (I'd done my research which said that I was able to have 300mg of caffeine a day.) But, since I'm complaining, obviously the Dr had a different opinion. He's also been a great "girlfriend" when I ask what I should wear and if something looks cute and if he likes the few maternity clothes I've already purchased! (Oh, how funny are those pants when your belly isn't big enough?!?!)
I just cannot wait to meet our baby!
Obviously "b" isn't with all of us yet, but my life has already changed, on November 16th when I saw two beautiful pink lines staring me in the face!
Today I'm 12 weeks! Hooray! I know the 1st Trimester isn't over quite yet, however, I've been more than blessed with what I would say has been an easy pregnancy so far! I thankfully haven't had any sickness and the only real symptom I've experienced has been some fatigue. Luckily, my tiredness hasn't been nearly as bad as I was expecting. There hasn't been a need to take a nap at work, although there have been a couple of times its crossed my mind! But, the fatigue is starting to subside and the trips to the bathroom are increasing. I figure it's mother-natures way of prepping me for months (or years) of interrupted sleep.
And Mark's been improving on his husband training as well! I kid! But honestly, asking him to take out the garbage no longer warrants a look of disgust and he's become Mr. Overprotective. He frequently asks if I should be eating something (especially shrimp during the holidays) and definitely asked the Dr about drinking regular coffee. (I'd done my research which said that I was able to have 300mg of caffeine a day.) But, since I'm complaining, obviously the Dr had a different opinion. He's also been a great "girlfriend" when I ask what I should wear and if something looks cute and if he likes the few maternity clothes I've already purchased! (Oh, how funny are those pants when your belly isn't big enough?!?!)
I just cannot wait to meet our baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment